Christian Community Action
Food is collected the first Sunday of each month for the Presbyterian Community Center. Donations can be brought in at any time and put in the basket inside the closet off the narthex.
- Our Church helps support Missionaries in the Dominican Republic and in Africa.
- The Hilgeman family; Jason, Pam with their sons Tyler, Zach,
- and Sammy have dedicated their mission life to building a school in the Dominican Republic to help the people become more independent and get out of the circle of poverty.
- The Brown family; Steve, Nancy, and their two sons have been working to bring Christianity and water to the nomadic tribes of Niger in Africa.
- We have been able to help sponsor several Mission Trips for all ages.
- One trip was to Covington, VA during the Men's Presbyterian Missions Week started by our own Rev. Brent Williams. Ramps were built, porches rebuilt,along with painting, electrical wiring, chain-sawing cleaning, and helping those in need.
- On our trip to the Dominican Republic we helped The Hilgeman's teach bible school as well as English classes with the adults and children of the Batey's in their goal to establish and English speaking Christian school.
- We have also traveled on Mission Trips to Atlanta working with the homeless and to Mississippi with the youth working with Youth Works, an organization that teaches bible school and helps the children learn discipline and respect for others.
- We are helping support the Presbyterian Community Center, Roanoke Area Missions, The Rescue Mission, The Blanket Fund, One Great Hour of Sharing, Presbyterian Children's Home in Lynchburg, West End Community Center, Ronald McDonald House, SERRV, Presbytery Synod and General Assembly programs. Also, Roanoke Area Ministries, Mana Ministries in Vinton, LOA, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer International, Operation Christmas Child, and The Salvation Army.
- This support may be through volunteering, donations, monatary and otherwise, serving a meal, answering a phone, to ringing bells at Christmas. But most importantly through constant prayer.